The Safe Place to be
Our commitment to our guests
The Government of Mauritius has gained the upper hand in the fight against COVID-19, whose first cases were reported on 20 March 2020. The phased easing of lockdown has been going on smoothly since 15 May. This is great news across all sectors of the economy, including hospitality, with Mauritius looking forward to reclaiming its place among the world’s top tourist destinations.
Beachcomber Resorts & Hotels is actively preparing for the post-COVID-19 period and reopening of its eight resorts. As a pioneer and historical leader in the hospitality industry in Mauritius, the Group has set new standards and developed the SAFE PLACE label in partnership with LIBA, an ISO 17025 accredited international bioanalytical laboratory. Hygiene and health safety are part of the Group’s DNA and are strictly defined in the relevant policy. They are formalised through stringent protocols and procedures monitored by reputable agencies like SGS, QuantiLab and LIBA. The Group has taken the lead in terms of health requirements with the SAFE PLACE certification. The aim is to better protect guests and Artisans while enhancing its response to new health, hygiene, safety and environmental requirements, considering that the COVID-19 crisis has heightened the level of precautionary measures.
Enhanced hygiene measures are in place in all Beachcomber hotels through clear protocol, which strictly comply with WHO recommendations and local sanitary regulations. An infirmary is available on the resort or a doctor on call 24/7 operating along well-defined procedures. Our Artisans undergo health screening and are continuously trained on preventive health measures and reinforced cleaning procedures. The most frequently touched surfaces in rooms and other common areas are disinfected with approved chemicals and using innovative cleaning equipment.
Safe Guest Journey
Beachcomber Resorts & Hotels has always been committed to the well-being of its guests. It has also redesigned the Guest Journey to promote safe and unforgettable experiences. Social distancing is privilege and the use of face masks recommended in situations where physical contact is inevitable. The table layout has been reviewed in restaurants and à la carte service will be prioritised over self-service buffets. Our guests are kindly invited to take a shower before receiving a spa treatment and the number of people allowed in the fitness centre at any one time will also be limited. Hand sanitisers are available on reception desks in all common areas for use by guests.
Furthermore, the Group has been actively engaged over the years implementing an array of health and safety measures, such as HACCP certification of its hotels, annual legionella risk assessments, continuous water quality testing and annual air quality monitoring by SGS and QuantiLab. The SAFE PLACE label provides additional guarantee that Mauritius remains the world’s best holiday destination for its quality of service and beautiful natural environment as well as the high level of safety offered to holidaymakers throughout their stay. Foreign visitors who are fond of Mauritius are welcome to visit Beachcomber hotels for the most exclusive and relaxing holiday experience.
a SAFE PLACE inspiring confidence for enjoyment
- Our transport services and partners follow reinforced precautionary measures with vehicle cleaned and disinfected prior to each trip.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers available at main entrances of all common areas for Guests usage.
- Guests reminded of social distancing to be kept through markings on floor at strategic locations.
- Face masks recommended where social distancing cannot be adequately maintained and available at our Infirmary/Reception/Boutique for purchase.
- All key high touch points in guest areas are sanitised multiple times a day with use of electrostatic as applicable.
- All our Artisans have undergone medical screening, are monitored daily, are trained and are equipped with the required personal protective equipment for service.
- Availability of an Infirmary in the hotel with Nursing Officer, else Doctor on call.
- We may require a temperature check where applicable.
- A warm welcome from our team with our porter who will sanitise your luggage before it enters the room.
- Check-in formalities within our spacious lobby with preserved social distancing and hygiene practices.
- We make sure all key cards are appropriately disinfected.
- Prior to arrival, your room has been deep cleaned and disinfected, with particular attention to all contact points.
- Disinfecting wipe placed in each guest room.
- We take extra care to meet our guests’ individual requirements. Generally, one Artisan will enter your room daily for cleaning, unless requested otherwise.
- Digital Room directory, Brochures and Menu cards available in room via QR codes.
- Paper collaterals generally available on request.
- We have adapted the layout to allow compliance with social distancing guidelines; seating arrangements have been redesigned to keep adequate space between tables.
- Tables and chairs sanitised before and after each usage.
- Menu and Bill folders also sanitised between each use.
- A la carte service prioritised over buffets.
- Buffet service will be available with only live cooking stations and food plating.
- Safe contactless room service delivery will be available if requested.
- Room service menus reviewed to ensure a wider choice, featuring some of our local delights.
- Beach towels available directly in the room, else provided to you by the beach attendant.
- Our sunbeds are generously spaced out to maintain social distancing; they are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Bookings required, including for the use of Wet and Dry Steam baths.
- Guests having cold flu-like symptoms should not come for treatment. Our 24-hour cancellation notice period shall be waived.
- We request our Spa guests to take a shower before coming in for a treatment.
- All our therapists will wear face masks and hand sanitisers available in each treatment room.
- Complete cleaning and disinfection routine followed between each cabin use.
- Booking slots available with limited number of guests allowed at any one time within our fitness centre studios and classes.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection will take place.
- Guests invited to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- We will privilege outdoor activities practiced in spacious areas.
- As usual, parents required to fill in and submit the registration form; kids exhibiting flu-like symptoms would not be admitted.
- Staffing ratio per age group categories would be applicable.
- Activities per age group would be spread across different areas, promoting outdoor locations.
- Kids will be encouraged to wash their hands frequently.
- Kids may wear their own face mask provided there is no risk of misuse.
- Kids Club area and toys cleaned and disinfected at frequent intervals.
- Shopping in complete safety in our boutiques with reduced number of guests allowed at any one time and clothes tried by guests segregated and steam cleaned before being placed back on display.
- No change policy will be applied.
- A contactless check-out is also possible, a room account Pre-departure bill can be sent by email.