Big shrimps and grilled scallops
- Shell the shrimps by delicately removing the soft shells and leaving the body attached to the head.
- Marinate with salt and pepper. Leave to chill for 20 minutes.
- Cut and slice the fennel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan and a dash of olive oil.
- Quickly brown the fennel for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep it away.
- Add salt, pepper to the scallops and fine pattern them for 1 to 2 minutes on both sides.
- Lay out the fennel in the middle of the plate.
- Place thin slices of smoked marlin in front of the fennel.
- Lay out three leaves of fresh coriander on the marlin along with two cherry tomatoes cut into two.
- Lay out in a pattern three/two flavoured pearls of strawberry and mango in front of the marlin.
- Place on top of the fennel, the shrimp with its head held high.
- Garnish the scallops with chopped parsley (on only one side).
- Place the scallop with non-garnished side up, showing off the fine patterned side, next to fennel.
- To finish it up, add some edible flowers on the plate as a decoration.